Monday, May 16, 2011

Wait For The Summer



I work when I can. I find excuses more often than not. I pick at my toe nails neurotically and often peel off more than my pain tolerance allows. My health is just fine enough to perform needlessly and contemplate all the still quiet terminal ailments within.

My work is scattered in manageable pieces about the studio floor.
I dust off what I can.

This is a record of said work.

=================

Art


What Matters The Most

Film making is slowly becoming a favorite medium of mine. I guess it appeals to my meticulous nature. When painting becomes too much of a burden, I am pleased to know that I have other means of expressing myself. As is the case with all my studio work birthed out of pure accident, my short films are no exception. The following short film is a production of the artist. All cinematography, editing and soundscapes were created and performed by the artist.


(Best to be viewed at "480p" resolution for optimum clarity)

=================


"Portrait Of A Woman"
Pencil, charcoal and pastel on watercolor paper


A feminine study. No doubt about that. I enjoyed this one. Aesthetically of course.

=================


"Untitled"
(The Skinny Dipper Goes Hunting With Daddy's Shotgun)
mixed media on burlap


I've enjoyed working on burlap for the past year and have had much success with it. Though not the best ground to approach with oil paint, I like how the nature of the fabric is resistant to my techniques. So finally, when I come to a point of harmonized color and composition. I have more than enough certainty that I am going in the right directions.

A very difficult piece to approach nevertheless. I had a very hard time determining whether it was "finished" or not on numerous occasions through out the process. Even now I still wonder what could've been. But, I've always agreed upon the ideology that leaving a painting open to interpretation is a successful one.

***Detail***









=================

Lost Mittens



I've been caring for a small abandon kitten about about 2 and a half weeks now. He sort of came into my life just as much as I came into his out of pure dumb luck. A restless ball of curious energy. However, I find myself enjoying the wordless interaction very much. It's very therapeutic and it has been some time since I've cared for an animal. And all the more exciting when I know full well my complex does not allow pets.

What could I say? ... ... ... He had +10 points going for him as soon as a friend brought him through my door. I happen to be a cat person.

I think this is good for me. It's different. Knowing that he needs me. And ironcially, ...how I in some way...need him.

Wait?! Am I being...
Parental???
...
..
.
...no, ...couldn't be...


I think I'll stop worrying about my work so much for a while. I'm over worked and under stimulated. I need to stop beating myself up just because I can't get it right all the time. My creative vanity is getting the best of me. I suppose it is just as important to take care of one's health in order to perform steadily in the studio. Even if it means not painting for small extended period of time.

Maybe I'll write a book...
Or take up cooking...

Just as well... Maybe, I should be worrying less about this dull entry and more about his next bottle feeding.

=================

No comments:

Post a Comment