I am prey to the accident.
If you can’t hurt yourself, hurt your painting.
There is no such thing as an accident.
Today’s mistake is tomorrow’s inspiration.
You learn patience by going mad, because work is halted as the layer dries.
Starting on something new means abandoning love you had for something else.
Alas! The other always finds out about the other.
Summon the perfect stroke the first time.
See it for the first time, on the third time.
Painting from every side and angle is old.
Viewing the painting from every side and angle produces something new.
I love blue.
It does not love me back.
So I turn it green.
I rarely plan out my paintings.
I paint better when I’m working at my job.
When I’m in the studio I can’t paint at all.
The answers, you would think, are in the paintings.
I stop painting just before the mystery is solved.
I love this work, and I love, (and can relate to) everything you have written in this statement, or poem. I love the accidental in painting and have frequently found mistakes taking me on a new creative journey. I shall enjoy looking at the rest of your work. Rosy James.
ReplyDeleteThanks for viewing my blog and I'll be sure to follow you!
ReplyDeleteAgain, thank you.
Enrique, I watched your videos and read your statements. I actually like some of your fast abstract paintings better than your more deliberate paintings. People not familiar with the intuitive application of paint may comment, "My four-year old could do that", but what they do not realize is that although you are going at lightening speed, your knowledge of composition, values, shapes, are all playing a part in what your hand does, and with the final results. I will follow what you put online. mtnwomansilver
ReplyDeletemy bad Ric. : ) lol.
ReplyDelete