Friday, February 23, 2018

"Don't wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."
-William Butler Yeats

After a couple of months procrastination I have once again started to paint. Though I am unable to work in oils due to a lack of a proper work space I have settled with working in watercolors. Keeping the process simple and materials light helps me work quickly and more efficiently for the time being.

"Untitled - Self Portrait"
Watercolor and colored pencil on watercolor paper
7in. x 10in.

"Self Portrait As Fictional Landscape"
Watercolor and colored pencil on watercolor paper
7in. x 10in.

Brush against the paper. Pressure against the mind. Time and pressure. Art is time and pressure. Like the study of geology. What will be mined out of the cave of my mind. All one needs is the proper tools, time and pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment