Thursday, June 3, 2010

...Call it aftermath...

Studio 737 Update

For the many, many people that were there for my Art Show in Austin Texas...Thank you very much!

And a special thank you to those patrons who purchased my "over priced" work! We'll do it again soon!

.........

Now that the gallery shows, interviews, and collaborations are done for the moment, I try and get back to work in the studio. However, the past few weeks have been slow and full of interruptions. And perhaps, that is for the best. Or, at least, that is what I say to myself when all I've been doing is sitting and staring at my work with a clean brush in my hands. Progress has been slow to say the least.

Nothing like a little success to stir doubt and bouts of fear in my abilities to keep up the quality.

Here are a few photos of some the progression I've been fighting with for over a month or so on a couple of canvases.


Canvas No.1 - Progression 1


Canvas No. 1 - Progression 2


Canvas No. 1 - Progression 3




Canvas No. 2 - Progression 1


Canvas No. 2 - Progression 2

I really cannot speak much for the canvases. The ever changing images have yet to grab at me to provide a central idea as to how and what it will develop into. Nonetheless, this is how I work and I should not take every little smear, color blend or failure...so seriously.

I know my work never does.

No comments:

Post a Comment